Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 24 "Art Every Day Month" - Old Photographs and a bit of Photoshop magic

I'm busy today digitally restoring some old slide photographs of me and my brothers and sisters when we were little. The dust marks are incredible, and a bigger task to remove than I intially thought. I'm making progress, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for my siblings, so instead, here's a piccie of toddler Lia in the snow, altered in photoshop to reduce it just to the basic lines that make up the image.  A bit cheesy, perhaps, but I kind of like it (and the process is certainly quicker than zapping thousands of specs of dust).


3 comments:

  1. I love this, Lia. I've been doing a similar thing and I have one photo of ME at, oh, maybe 2, in a little playhouse. I've worked on it some over time though I am still so baffled by Photoshop that I admit I've NOT tried using IT for the challenge... Perhaps seeing your work here will gently move me toward LEARNING BY DOING and so I thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely and thoughtful gift idea. I'm sure your siblings will love it!

    This is a great photo. So sweet and quintessentially childhood winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I know dust can be a real pain to clean up in a graphics program but it's worth the effort. Good luck with the rest of your task.

    ReplyDelete