Monday, September 19, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand words


One of my very good friends in Sydney, Joe, is turning 94 next week.  What on earth do you get a 94 year old for his birthday? When I spoke to him at the weekend, he was so delighted to hear all about our new life in Munich. He explained that, at his age, you live vicariously through the lives of others. So I thought I would put together a little album of the places my husband and I have been since we last saw him, some pictures of our new neighbourhood and, of course, us in our traditional Bavarian outfits at Oktoberfest.  Shamefully for a photographer, I can’t remember the last time I actually got prints done and put them in an album (other than for a client), but it was pretty quick to do and I’m sure it’ll mean a lot to Joe.



I used a small 4”x6” album with sleeves that you just slot the pictures in, so no glue required. And I just introduced each section with a few words about the pictures.  If you have children, this kind of thing could also be a lovely gift for grandparents or relatives abroad.  Sometimes the most simple act can mean so much to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment