Friday, December 9, 2011

My first ever digital illustration - "The Swan"

In order to get the most out of my Illustration course over the next year, I'm going to have to get to grips with digital illustration. So I opened up the (never used) Illustrator application that I had with my Photoshop software and watched some of the video tutorials. It all seems pretty complicated right now compared with just wielding a pen or brush - there is soooo much to learn! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually (and it will help when I get a tablet and pen to draw with instead of the mouse!), but here's my first attempt (inspired by my Winter canal walk photos). Hopefully I can look back in a few months and see a vast improvement!


1 comment:

  1. We all have to start somewhere and you have made a great beginning. I don't think digital is easy, but it does expand the possibilities of our photographs and paintings.
    It looks like you are going to have such a lot of fun along the way:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete