Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Collaboration... and cake


What a rush of adrenalin yesterday getting my blog up and running and getting some lovely feedback on my first post!  Thank you!  This morning my new friend, the very fabulous Rachel Moss, ex-model turned style guru, came over for tea and cake.  It got me thinking about how fantastic it is spending time and collaborating with other people who share similar creative interests.  It’s definitely one of the first rules of being creative (spend time with other creatives).  The energy it generates is quite a buzz: sharing ideas, thoughts and knowledge, showing each other your work (that you might be too afraid to show to others) and coming up with new ideas for some sort of collaboration of your creative talents.  I have found that you can learn so much from other people’s experiences and knowledge and the way they view life and art. It can propel you to take on and achieve projects that by yourself would never be possible.
In just a couple of hours we had Rachel’s new blog (http://www.rachelsstyleguide.blogspot.com) up and running, had rummaged through my clothes rails and stacks of shoe boxes (hmm, having a style guru as a friend could have its pros…) and were already thinking of ideas for vintage styled fashion shoots.
Oh and we ate cake too.

p.s. I didn’t create the cake.  Only the picture.  Well, who has time to bake at 9am?

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post and I love the way you write Lia! Love the pic love the style. Its blogtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired already and can't wait to see what you get up to! It somehow reminds me of 'Julie and Julia'. It is a great challenge and one that you will excel in for sure as you are one very creative lady.

    ReplyDelete